Sunday Snippet: 3rd Edition

9.17.12 – 9.23.12


We have family home evening every Monday night, and for this one we played missionary tag and rugby. I never knew that rugby was so difficult. When I first learn how to play a sport I mainly just watch so I can understand what’s going on (that, and I’m really awful at sports). I was amazed at how quickly the game goes. It’s hard to keep up with the plays and such. But I had a lot of fun playing, despite my inability to be coordinated with the ball.


My ward’s Relief Society put together a little field day. We had a competition between the 2nd and 3rd floor girls to see who was better at red rover. Obviously the 3rd floor girls are. After that we ate some chips and played some volleyball (which I’m also really bad at). It was a great way to get to know the girls in my ward, and to be competitive (in a good way). Plus free food. I love free food.


Another day of classes. Oh, and working on my stupid American Heritage paper. That paper will be the death of me. I feel like I put a ton of effort into it for nothing. I even passed up playing basketball with friends so I could work on my paper (although I’m also bad at basketball, so I did save myself from embarrassment). I feel like if I don’t get a good grade on the paper all of my hard work will be for nothing. I really hope I get a good grade.


With regards to my paper I went on campus to get help from my TA. She hadn’t responded to my emails so I didn’t know her exact hours. In the end I waited for 30 minutes and then she said she had to go and to email her my paper. I was kind of upset because I wanted her to read my paper. Even though all the TAs should be grading the paper pretty much the same they really don’t. They all have the specific things that they like, and I wanted to know what my TA wanted. I emailed her my paper and found out that she didn’t like it. GREAT. I had to rewrite it AGAIN. This paper has driven me insane. Thankfully I got to take a break and go down to the Legends Grill for Elizabeth’s birthday dinner. Though their pizza is really good, their Hawaiian burger is supreme. I proceeded to avoid working on my paper and played pool with two guys from Budge and my RA, Annie. Of course Annie and I won the game with the skill of intimidation. Even though I was tired and ready to go to bed I didn’t. Figures. Elizabeth wanted to watch some TV, so we went down to the basement and watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother. It wasn’t until around 2:30 am that I went to bed.


FIRST COLLEGE CHOIR CONCERT DAY! I was so excited I could barely contain myself. I always love performances, and getting to perform with some amazing people made it all the more better. I honestly don’t remember most of what happened this day before the choir concert. I was having too much anticipation for this thing. Anyway, after the concert my friend Nicole and I had a very interesting conversation while eating some creamery ice cream (that stuff is seriously good).


I finally got to leave the bubble. It was so nice, you have no idea. The bubble is what we call the campus for those who live on it. You pretty much stay on it 24/7 if you don’t have a car. At least I do. Which is bad for your sanity. I have left a few times before, for short periods of time. But that was always at night for random things, like needing meds or going to Sonic’s for a limeade. This time it was different. It was daytime and I was going to go shopping. My wonderful friend Kelsey drove me and a few others to Plato’s closet where I pretty much went cardigan crazy. I never have luck finding those things, so when I hit the jackpot I was super excited. They are a great piece of clothing to turn your “summer” clothes to “fall” clothes by adding the warmth of a sleeve. And they’re super cute. I also found knock off Tom’s for $7 that look a lot like the real ones. I was a happy camper. After a day of shopping I had another choir performance to attend to. I think we did even better on Saturday. There was a party after the concert where they served Jdogs. I’m not a big hotdog fan so I was hesitant to buy one (and I also have a “magical credit card” that pays for my food that Jdogs wouldn’t accept), but I’m so glad I did. It was such a good hotdog. I don’t know if it tasted better to me because I was so hungry or because it’s just that good of a hotdog. Regardless, I will be buying one from them again. The party was a little bit of a bust, so I went back to the dorms where I watched two movies with a bunch of girls from my ward. It was a great way to meet some of them. They’re super cool and appreciate guys with British accents as much as I do.


I got to go to a broadcast of the dedication of the Brigham City Temple. It was a beautiful service with some great talks on Temples. I ended the day with tunnel singing. I have yet to miss a week of it (besides the first one, because I didn’t know about it). It’s a great conclusion to my Sundays.


Another week of college done. It’s weird to think I’ve been here for over a month. Sometimes it seems like way longer. It feels like I’ve been here forever and that I’ve been doing this thing called college for years. I’m still meeting tons of new people, which is amazingly great. I love how friendly everyone here is and how you can just talk to some people that you’ve never met before.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: